Re: Mouse is always a hand with Linux.

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg14280] Re: Mouse is always a hand with Linux.
  • From: dreissNOSPAM at (David Reiss)
  • Date: Mon, 12 Oct 1998 13:51:58 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

In article <6vf3ll$dcs at>, "Steven T. Hatton"
<hattons at> wrote:

> I hope this is an easy question.  My mouse cursor always appears as a
> hand when it is placed over the input part of the window.  This renders
> the mouse useless in manipulating input.  I am using S.u.S.E. Linux
> 5.3, and the KDE desktop.  The mouse has worked fine in all other apps.
> Does anybody know what is wrong?
> TIA,
> Steve
> --
> The linux counter:    -Registered Linux User #
> 79059 S.u.S.E. Linux:
> KDE:
> SaMBa:
> Mathematica:
> StarOffice:
> I think.
> I think I am,
> Therefore I am.
> I think? - Graeme Edge of the Moody Blues

I don't know what the problem might be, but a colleague of  mine
recently had this happen on his SGI.  The problem remained no matter
how many times he exited and restardted Mathematica. However, doing a
hard reboot of his computer solved the problem...

David Reiss
dreissNOSPAM at
To send personal email, remove the words  "nospam" and "NOSPAM" from the
email address