ListPlot

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg14281] ListPlot
  • From: David Djajaputra <dd4b at virginia.edu>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Oct 1998 13:51:59 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello,

If I have a datafile in the following format

x1  y1  z1
x2  y2  z2
xn  yn  zn

What is the simplest way to plot it using ListPlot, ie. without having
to fool around with the ascii file? Should I use other commands to do
it? The format that seems required by ListPlot really does not make
much sense to me, though I'm sure people at Mathematica have their
reasons to do it that way. Any comment on this?

Thanks,

David