Re: PROBLEM ENTERING 2D USING CTRL

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg14264] Re: PROBLEM ENTERING 2D USING CTRL
  • From: "P.J. Hinton" <paulh>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Oct 1998 13:51:45 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
On 7 Oct 1998, Lawrence Walker wrote:

> I can no longer enter 2D expressions using the Ctrl key.  In other words
> the Ctrl-/ and Ctrl-^ doesn't fractionalize and superscript
> respectively.
>
> Also, the software does not signal (blink bracket) after a closing
> bracket is entered.
>
> Please respond ASAP.

You can contact Wolfram Research Technical Support at
<support at wolfram.com>.

I suspect that you have inadvertently changed a setting in the front end
so that Input style cells use InputForm (one-dimensional syntax)
instead of StandardForm (two-dimensional syntax).  To determine whether
this is the case, click on the front end menu command sequence:

	Cell -> Default Input Format Type

See if it is set to InputForm.  Changing it to StandardForm should
reenable the keystrokes that you report to be disabled.

If that does not solve the problem, or if I have somehow misunderstood
your question, please let me know.

--
P.J. Hinton
Mathematica Programming Group           paulh at wolfram.com Wolfram