  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg14449] FourierTransform on UnitStep
  • From: Normand Leclerc <nospam at etsmtl.ca>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1998 03:32:46 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

  I am a new EE Student and I'm just begining with Fourier transforms. I
was using Mathematica at school when I saw something I just couldn't
figure out.

  FourierTransform[UnitStep[t],t,w] gives me I/w + pi DiracDelta[w]

  I learned that it should give me pi DiracDelta[w]-I/w or 1/Iw + pi
DiracDelta[w].

Am I missing something or is there a bug in the FourierTransform
package?  They are using Mathematica 3.0

Normand Leclerc
lecn1306 at ele.etsmtl.ca