Re: dll's from within....
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg14476] Re: dll's from within....
- From: kevinl (Kevin Leuthold)
- Date: Fri, 23 Oct 1998 20:58:54 -0400
- Organization: Wolfram Research, Inc.
- References: <email@example.com>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
"Jeff D. Hamann" <hamannj at ucs.orst.edu> writes: >is it possible to access/call user written dll's from within mathematica Jeff, The answer is yes, using MathLink. MathLink provides a tool (called mprep) that allows you to call functions written in C/C++. You could use mprep to create an executable that is linked to your dll. You could either call functions in your dll directly, or write C wrapper functions for your dll functions. I would recommend looking at the MathLink documentation in the Mathematica Book, and compiling the addtwo example in the MathLink Developer's Guide. Addtwo is a simple example of calling a function written in C, from Mathematica. Kevin Leuthold MathLink Group Wolfram Research