Assigning a list to coefficients

Hello,

How can I assign a list to a coefficient with an index? That is, I have
a list A which has data A={a1, a2, a3, ....., an}
all the components of A is numerical value. And I want to assign the
coefficients ci used in f[x_]=Sum[ ci * x ,{i=1,n}]
at the later stage to the list A.   How can I do it?

I want to do some work such as differentiating f[x] symbolically, so I
do not want to use A[[i]] in the Sum.

-Toshi