  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg13957] Select x s.t. y>10
  • From: Jason Gill <jgill at vbimail.champlain.edu>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 15:06:47 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I came across what seems like it should be a simple little function, but
could not come up with a clever way to implement it.  Generally, what I
am trying to do is take a list of lists of length 2 ie a list of x,y
coordinates, and Select x values based on some criterion for y.  For
example I want to select the first x value for which the corresponding
y is greater than 5.
I can write a function using Position and Take etc. , but there must be
a clever,and more efficient way to do this.  Any thoughts... Jason

--
Jason Gill
IBM Microelectronics
email:  jgill at vbimail.champlain.edu