Piecewise function integrated thrice

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg13942] Piecewise function integrated thrice
  • From: Daniel CLEMENT <dclement at>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 15:06:34 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

Why can't Mathematica integrate thrice a piecewise defined function?
Here is what I mean:

This is a step function:
It can (of course) be plotted and integrated. Then let:
f, as well as h, can be plotted and if I put
then g can be plotted, but any integral (definite or not) that I attempt
to compute about g leads to an error message (though g can be

Am I doing something wrong somewhere? Thanks for any help.