Re: Options to exit NDSOLVE?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg14020] Re: [mg13948] Options to exit NDSOLVE?
  • From: "Jens-Peer Kuska" <kuska at linmpi.mpg.de>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Sep 1998 14:12:01 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi Robin,

here is the help text of the StoppingTest option

In[15]:=
?StoppingTest
"StoppingTest is an option for NDSolve that can be used to stop the \
integration of the ode when a certain condition is found to be True.
The \ condition can evaluate to True/False only and should contain the
dependent \ and independent variables explicitly. This option cannot be
used for linear \
boundary value problems."

The result of NDSolve can still be used to obtain the results.

Hope that helps
  Jens