Re: Cut and paste edits misaligned

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg14126] Re: Cut and paste edits misaligned
  • From: gwinn at ma.ultranet.com (Joe Gwinn)
  • Date: Fri, 25 Sep 1998 03:15:52 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

It turned out that item 1 was the solution.  Thanks to the many people
who pointed this out, including Wolfram Tech Support:

> This is a bug in Mac OS 8.0 and 8.1. Please see
> http://www.wolfram.com/support/Systems/Macintosh/Compatibility/80.html for
> the related FAQ and patch.

I also nuked the front-end cache, just in case it too was causing
trouble, as I could see no harm in trying this.

Joe

In article <6ud0vg$13m at smc.vnet.net>, Eric Strobel
<EStrobel at schafercorp.com> wrote:

> Approach this methodically!

No, no, no....   A silver platter is much better.

> 1) As I recall, there were some funny things that went on having to do
> with  the Appearance Manager.  There's a patch (the URL escapes me...).

This was the cause.