  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg14088] Notation Problem
  • From: "Kevin J. McCann" <kevinmccann at Home.com>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Sep 1998 03:15:17 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I am using the Utilities`Notation` package, but have the following
problem. If I Symbolize
x_sub_o (can't do it in email, but you get the idea), and then attempt
to use it in the argument of a function, e.g. f[x_sub_o_], it doesn't
work.  A look at what Mathematica thinks is going on yields

f[x\[UnderBracket]Subscript\[UnderBracket]0*_]

the key here, I think, is the asterisk just before the final underscore.
Does Mathematica think that it should multiply x_sub_o  by "_"?

Kevin