Re: Eigenvalue

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg14190] Re: Eigenvalue
  • From: Alan Lewis <alan at enfs.com>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Sep 1998 19:42:23 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi Ferrucio,

     I would calculate Det[M- lam IdentityMatrix[9]]; then do a Series
of this about s=0 and and g=0. Now you want answers of the form lam =
lam(0) + s lam(1) + g lam(2) + .... If you substitute this in, then the
constant term and each of the coefs of s,s^2,g,g^2, and sg should be
separately zero. The resulting 6 eqns can likely be solved by
Mathematica.

Alan