Re: New position: MathLink Developer

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg16852] Re: New position: MathLink Developer
  • From: tobiasoed at my-dejanews.com
  • Date: Thu, 1 Apr 1999 21:35:24 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

In article <7dps5p$dr7 at smc.vnet.net>,
  Barb Taub <barb at wolfram.com> wrote:

> MATHLINK DEVELOPER:
> MathLink is the communication interface and a key component of
> Mathematica.

With just one flaw: the documentation, which makes it nearly unusable.

> MathLink allows Mathematica to communicate with other
> software over various transport protocols such as the Internet. For
> instance the Mathematica frontend

programmed by Wolfram people who are the only ones to know what to
expect from mathlink

> uses MathLink to communicate with the
> kernel.   We are looking for strong developers to help us expand this
> key technology as we continue to grow our product and our technology.

give some doc and we will make it grow too.

> You will be part of a world-class team developing MathLink applications
> and core MathLink technologies. This position requires strong
> cross-platform C/C++ experience.

[snip]

Have you ever noticed how most of the posts to this newsgroup concerning
MathLink remain without an answer (or very vague ones) ? Nobody seems to know
how exactly this is to be used when you want to write a new frontend. except
for wolfram people, but they apparently don't want to share. Tobias

for wolfram people seems