Re: Problems with ContourPlot

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg16890] Re: Problems with ContourPlot
  • From: Jens-Peer Kuska <v-jkuska>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Apr 1999 02:24:26 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi Marco,

at first, a ContourGraphics[] stores only the height values of the
function *not* the lines  and polygons.
Second, since the Graphics[ConourGraphics[__]] conversion generates Lines[]
 *and* Polygons it will not help to combine both. The polygons of the
second plot
will hide the polygons of the first one.

You may combine the *contour lines* of of two ContourPlots[] simply by

Show[Graphics @ Cases[Graphics[#], _Line, Infinity] & /@  {Fig1, Fig2}]

You may add custom colors (black and red here) with

Show[Graphics @
    Transpose[
      {{RGBColor[0, 0, 0], RGBColor[1, 0, 0]} ,
        Cases[Graphics[#], _Line, Infinity] & /@  {cp1, cp2}}]]

Hope that helps
  Jens