Re: Plotting Trajectories with Mathematica

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg17084] Re: Plotting Trajectories with Mathematica
  • From: Dr Phillip Kent <p.kent at ic.ac.uk>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Apr 1999 03:34:54 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Adam Price wrote:

> I am able to plot Vector Fields, using the standard add-on package.  I
> would like to overlay a few sample trajectories, using initial conditions
> of my choosing.  Are there any home-made packages for this out there?  Any
> easy way to do it?

Take a look at the book+packages "VisualDSolve" by Schwalbe & Wagon
(Springer, 1997). Lots of good code + food for thought.

-Phillip

 Dr Phillip Kent                  | tel: +44 (0)171 594 8503
 The METRIC Project               | fax: +44 (0)171 594 8517
 Mathematics Department           |
 Imperial College                 | p.kent at ic.ac.uk
 London SW7 2BZ, U.K.             | http://metric.ma.ic.ac.uk/
  "Announce that you're 'Y2K compliant'---but make sure you
    spell it correctly."