Re: interface between Mathematica and MS Word 7

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg17156] Re: interface between Mathematica and MS Word 7
  • From: "Mark Evans" <NoSpam at NoWhere.Net>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Apr 1999 00:59:42 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I had an interesting experience with this problem.  I had written a report for
my client and he then wanted to write a report of his own using my graphics.  So
he started copying and pasting.

Inside Word 97, he got the micro-pictures as described.  He just enlarged them
and was very happy.  Meanwhile I was nonplussed because I had been struggling
with saving all the graphics as metafiles from Mathematica.

The metafiles work, but each one takes an unbelievable amount of space on disk:
on the order of 10 MB for a single graphic ListDensityPlot of an array about 100
x 100.  When this metafile graphic is loaded into Word it causes major
slowdowns.

My evaluation of the situation is that the micro-pictures are much better!

Mark