RE: ?-Can complete notebooks be converted to Postscript?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg17088] RE: ?-Can complete notebooks be converted to Postscript?
  • From: "ELLIS, Luci" <EllisL at rba.gov.au>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 02:32:19 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,
This capability is built into the Mac OS.
If you have a LaserWriter driver installed, you can "print" to a PostScript
file from the standard print dialog box (there's a checkbox). You don't
actually need to be connected to a laser printer; I do this all the time at
home. Select the printer in the Chooser, or by clicking on the desktop
printer icon and making it your default printer.
You may need to embed the Mathematica fonts in the PostScript file if you
are creating the PDF file on another machine.
This also works from Windows but I think you need to be actually connected
to a PostScript printer.
If you have any problems with getting this to work, email me at home
(elisha at dot.net.au) and I will send screen shots.
Regards,
Luci
my opinions, not my employer's.