Re: ?-Can complete notebooks be converted to Postscript?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg17090] Re: [mg17185] ?-Can complete notebooks be converted to Postscript?
  • From: "Mark E. Harder" <harderm at ucs.orst.edu>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 02:32:20 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Silver,
    I don't know about Macs; I use Windows NT, with Adobe Acrobat 3.01 for
Windows.  Does the Mac give you a dialog box when you choose to print your
Mtca notebook, that allows you to select the printer destination?  If it
does, you should have the option of selecting "Acrobat PDFWriter" as the
printer.  This option is automatically installed as an alternate "printer"
in the operating system's list of resources (at least in WinNT), when you
install Acrobat (the full version, not just the reader), and you may not be
aware that its there if you always use your default printer. Anyway, you
tell Mtca to print to that location & Writer translates the notebook into a
.PDF file, and asks you how to name it & save it.  Simple as that. No
intervening .ps or other file format is necessary.  I learned (or was it
surmised?) this from somewhere in the Adobe documentation.  If your Mac vsn
doesn't work like NT, go through your docs, looking for PDF Writer.
-mark e. harder
harderm at ucs.orst.edu