- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg19035] Subscripts, Doh!!!
- From: Mike Tiller <mtiller at ford.com>
- Date: Tue, 3 Aug 1999 13:45:04 -0400
- Organization: Ford Motor Company
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I have Mathematica 3.0 for Windows and I hate the way it handles subscripts. I read about the Notation package. Is there a way to make a general rule (e.g. using "Symbolize") that will avoid expressions seeing subscripting as an operation? I can do it on a per-symbol basis, but that is really tedious. Also, I saw some references in the newsgroup to the "latest" version of Notation, but the web page of the guy mentioned (somebody named Harris I think) is no longer on the wolfram site. I really hate the 3.0 interpretation of subscripts. Has it changed in 4.0!? Help! -- Michael Tiller Ford Motor Company