Subscripts, Doh!!!

I have Mathematica 3.0 for Windows and I hate the way it handles
subscripts.  I read about the Notation package.  Is there a way to
make a general rule (e.g. using "Symbolize") that will avoid
expressions seeing subscripting as an operation?  I can do it on a
per-symbol basis, but that is really tedious.

Also, I saw some references in the newsgroup to the "latest" version
of Notation, but the web page of the guy mentioned (somebody named
Harris I think) is no longer on the wolfram site.

I really hate the 3.0 interpretation of subscripts.  Has it changed in
4.0!?

Help!

--
Michael Tiller