Re: equaltity of lists

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg19063] Re: equaltity of lists
  • From: "Allan Hayes" <hay at haystack.demon.co.uk>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Aug 1999 01:34:52 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Drago:
lhs == rhs  gives True if lhs and rhs are identical (allowing things like
2.0 == 2)
lhs == rhs  gives False if lhs and rhs are determined to be unequal by
comparisons between numbers or other raw data, such as strings
otherwise lhs == rhs  give lhs == rhs .
The last is the case with a==b

But

a === b

    False

because:

lhs === rhs  gives True if lhs and rhs are identical (not allowing 2.0 == 2)
otherwise lhs === rhs  give False .
The last is the case with a==b

Allan
Allan Hayes