Solving a special nonlinear differential equation

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg19041] Solving a special nonlinear differential equation
  • From: "Thierry SCHUEPBACH" <thierry.schuepbach at epfl.ch>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Aug 1999 01:34:37 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I am wondering if Mathematica can numerically solve such a problem:

f(T(x))*(T'(x))^2+T''(x)=0 with some Dirichlet condition but not at the
origin but two other places. In fact it 's just the resolution of the Heat
equation assuming that the thermal conductivity depends upon the temperature
and that we are in a stationnary process.
Could someone help me ...

Thanks

Thierry Schuepbach