Re: Showing a limited GrayLevel

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg19052] Re: Showing a limited GrayLevel
  • From: paulh at monon.wolfram.com (P.J. Hinton)
  • Date: Thu, 5 Aug 1999 01:34:44 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

In article <7o5eg9$rf1 at smc.vnet.net>, Steve Hocter <steve at weinstein.maths.keele.ac.uk> writes:
> I have a quick question about changing the GrayLevel in contour plots.
>
> When using ContourPlot, how is it possible to limit the GrayLevel range?
>That is, instead of GrayLevel being scaled between 0 and 1, the contours
>would be shown between 0.5 and 1 cutting out any totally black parts of the
>plot.

You may want to use the ContourGraphics option ColorFunction, defining it
to be something like this:

ColorFunction :> (
  If[
    # <= 0.5, (* scaled value would have produced GrayLevel[0.5] or less *)
    (#; GrayLevel[1]), (* ignore value and return white directive, *)
    GrayLevel (* otherwise, used the scaled value *)
  ]&)

--
P.J. Hinton
Mathematica Programming Group           paulh at wolfram.com