Re: Automatic grouping of animation cells

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg19167] Re: Automatic grouping of animation cells
  • From: "Allan Hayes" <hay at haystack.demon.co.uk>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Aug 1999 23:59:09 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Adam:
Just a little simplification:
It seems that since the graphics cells are already grouped, the line
      FrontEndTokenExecute["CellGroup"]
is unnecessary. Thus:

(Do[Plot[Sin[2 Pi f t], {t, 0, 1}], {f, 1, 2}];
SelectionMove[EvaluationNotebook[], All, GeneratedCell];
FrontEndTokenExecute["OpenCloseGroup"]);

Other variants also work
(Do[Plot[Sin[2 Pi f t], {t, 0, 1}], {f, 1, 2}];
SelectionMove[EvaluationNotebook[], Previous, GeneratedCell];
FrontEndTokenExecute["OpenCloseGroup"]);

(Do[Plot[Sin[2 Pi f t], {t, 0, 1}], {f, 1, 2}];
SelectionMove[EvaluationNotebook[], Previous, CellGroup];
FrontEndTokenExecute["OpenCloseGroup"]);

The following leaves only the input visible.

(Do[Plot[Sin[2 Pi f t], {t, 0, 1}], {f, 1, 2}];
SelectionMove[EvaluationNotebook[], All, EvaluationCell];
FrontEndTokenExecute["OpenCloseGroup"]);

Allan
Allan Hayes
Mathematica Training and Consulting
Leicester UK