  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg19149] M4: Evaluating cells from external notebooks
  • From: Sigurd Tjelmeland <sigurd at imr.no>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Aug 1999 23:58:50 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

In Mathematica 4.0 in one notebook I try to evaluate a cell in a
different notebook by

SelectionEvaluate[NotebookLocate[{notebookname,cellname}]]

but it does not work. Mathematica 3.0 works fine on this. I use
the Windows version.

Anybody else encountered this, or have I missed something?

Sigurd Tjelmeland
Institute of Marine Research, Bergen, Norway

sigurd at imr.no