Re: Animated give out of animated Mathematica?

Hendrik van Hees <h.vanhees at gsi.de> wrote in message
news:7ob7do$342 at smc.vnet.net...
> Is there a possibility to export an animation from Mathematica to an
> animated gif to put it on the Web? I'm using Mathematica 3.0 under Linux
> (and plan to upgrade to 4.0 as soon as the student version upgrade ist
> available).
>
> Thank you for any hints.
> --
> Hendrik van Hees Phone:  ++49 6159 71-2755
> c/o GSI-Darmstadt SB3 3.162 Fax:    ++49 6159 71-2990
> Planckstr. 1 mailto:h.vanhees at gsi.de
> D-64291 Darmstadt http://theory.gsi.de/~vanhees/vanhees.html

Not directly, but it's rather straightforward:
Select your animation and choose Save As Special ->HTML.This will save every
frame in a separate gif file named filename1.gif, filename2.gif ,.... . Then
you can use any number of tools to convert them into animated gifs.
One that I had reasonable luck with was GIFAnimator
http://mssjus1.www.conxion.com/msdownload/gifanimator/gifsetup.exe, but your
mileage may vary.

Standard disclaimer: neither I nor Wolfram Research endorse any particular
software or web pages, except our own.

Regards,

Lars Hohmuth
Wolfram Research, Inc.