Re: Animated give out of animated Mathematica?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg19127] Re: Animated give out of animated Mathematica?
- From: "Lars Hohmuth" <larsh at wolfram.com>
- Date: Thu, 5 Aug 1999 23:58:34 -0400
- Organization: Wolfram Research, Inc.
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Hendrik van Hees <h.vanhees at gsi.de> wrote in message news:7ob7do$342 at smc.vnet.net... > Is there a possibility to export an animation from Mathematica to an > animated gif to put it on the Web? I'm using Mathematica 3.0 under Linux > (and plan to upgrade to 4.0 as soon as the student version upgrade ist > available). > > Thank you for any hints. > -- > Hendrik van Hees Phone: ++49 6159 71-2755 > c/o GSI-Darmstadt SB3 3.162 Fax: ++49 6159 71-2990 > Planckstr. 1 mailto:h.vanhees at gsi.de > D-64291 Darmstadt http://theory.gsi.de/~vanhees/vanhees.html > Not directly, but it's rather straightforward: Select your animation and choose Save As Special ->HTML.This will save every frame in a separate gif file named filename1.gif, filename2.gif ,.... . Then you can use any number of tools to convert them into animated gifs. One that I had reasonable luck with was GIFAnimator http://mssjus1.www.conxion.com/msdownload/gifanimator/gifsetup.exe, but your mileage may vary. Standard disclaimer: neither I nor Wolfram Research endorse any particular software or web pages, except our own. Regards, Lars Hohmuth Wolfram Research, Inc.