Re: Always "Untitled-1"?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg19224] Re: Always "Untitled-1"?
  • From: paulh at monon.wolfram.com (P.J. Hinton)
  • Date: Wed, 11 Aug 1999 02:06:43 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

In article <7oojr4$i2r at smc.vnet.net>, "Kwankyu Lee" <leekk at math.sogang.ac.kr> writes:

>I want "Untitled-1" notebook not to appear at startup of Mathematica because
>I should close it every time and load my own working notebook. How can I do
>this?

What platform are you using?  How are you starting Mathematica?

Under MacOS and Windows, you can double-click on a notebook's
icon, and Mathematica should be launched with the notebook opened
instead of the default untitled notebook.

Under X Window, you can invoke the front end launch command script
(probably "mathematica") with the name of the file as the last
argument in the command line.

If I have somehow misunderstood your question, please repost
with a clarification of your problem.

--
P.J. Hinton
Mathematica Programming Group           paulh at wolfram.com