Re: Importing from Illustrator 8.0.1 to Mathematica 4
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg19223] Re: Importing from Illustrator 8.0.1 to Mathematica 4
- From: paulh at monon.wolfram.com (P.J. Hinton)
- Date: Wed, 11 Aug 1999 02:06:43 -0400
- Organization: "Wolfram Research, Inc."
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
In article <7oojg7$i23 at smc.vnet.net>, Daniel AMIGUET <daniel.amiguet at urbanet.ch> writes: >As anybody succeeded to import a PostScript file from Illustrator >8.0.1 to Mathematica 4? Are you trying to import a full PostScript document or an Encapsulated PostScript graphic? The Import function will handle only the latter. >Despite all my tries, I never obtained any results. There is a problem where import of EPS files does not display error message returned by psrender as it reads the file. To determine what error messages may be occurring, rerun your Import operation with this modification. TracePrint[Import[<your filename>, "EPS"], _MessagePacket] The EPS import feature works by translating PostScript code into analogous Mathematica graphics primitives. It may be that your Illustrator graphic is being saved with PostScript language features which psrender cannot understand. -- P.J. Hinton Mathematica Programming Group paulh at wolfram.com Wolfram Research, Inc.