Simple edit ...
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg19319] Simple edit ...
- From: "Michael L. Stokes" <stokes at aris.net>
- Date: Sat, 14 Aug 1999 23:42:50 -0400
- Organization: Aris Technology, Inc.
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Consider the following examaple;
z = (a+Sqrt[d+e])/(a Sqrt[d+e])
z //. Sqrt[d+e] ->L
The replacement function only replaces the instance of Sqrt[d+e] in the
numerator and leaves the instance in the denominator alone. Why does
this not work and what is the work around?
Prev by Date:
Re: Solve and Trig functions
Next by Date:
Re: Pattern example
Previous by thread:
Re: Windows 2000 (NT 5.0)
Next by thread:
Re: Simple edit ...