changing character set??

I use Win-NT4 on a pentium pc.
I have relocated  a  Hard Drive with an installation of Mathematica 3.01
to another machine.

I was a little surprised that I could start Mathematica without changing
any setup parameters anywhere and the kernel seemed to launch ordrely,
but some keys on my keyboard seem to have been scrambled. E.g when I
press division sign (shift-7) and all types of paranteses I get the
wrong characters.

Is there e.g.any init-file I can edit in order to fix this?

NOTE: The cause of this problem is, I beleve, that the Hard drive comes
from a machine with english NT-version installed and I put this HD in a
machine with Swedish NT-version.
Is ther some way I can I avoid reinstalling Mathematica?
I have an english and swedish keyboard installed in NT but switching
between them does not help.

--
Peter Weijnitz