Finding Solution to Set of Equations with Inequality Constraints
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg19350] Finding Solution to Set of Equations with Inequality Constraints
- From: gintis at econs.umass.edu (Herbert Gintis)
- Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 23:09:32 -0400
- Organization: University of Massachusetts
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Is there a Mathematica program that takes a set of equations
(multivariate polynomial) and finds a solution that satisfies certain
inequality constraints? The number of equations is less than the
number of unknowns, so there is a nonlinear manifold of solutions to
the equations. I just want a few that satisfy the inequalities.
Herbert M Gintis
Professor of Economics
University of Massachusetts
gintis at econs.umass.edu
Prev by Date:
Re: Simple edit ...
Next by Date:
Re: Pattern example
Previous by thread:
Help: How can I set the insertion cursor in a certain cell?
Next by thread:
Re: Finding Solution to Set of Equations with Inequality Constraints