  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg19350] Finding Solution to Set of Equations with Inequality Constraints
  • From: gintis at econs.umass.edu (Herbert Gintis)
  • Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 23:09:32 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Is there a Mathematica program that takes a set of equations
(multivariate polynomial) and finds a solution that satisfies certain
inequality constraints? The number of equations is less than the
number of unknowns, so there is a nonlinear manifold of solutions to
the equations. I just want a few that satisfy the inequalities.

Thanks!

Best Regards,

Herbert M Gintis
Professor of Economics