Re: Tricky Symbolizations with the Notation Package

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg19343] Re: Tricky Symbolizations with the Notation Package
  • From: Jason Harris <j.harris at phys.canterbury.ac.nz>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 23:09:29 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi All,

>The Version 4 Help Browser explains how one can use complex patterns with
>the Symbolize button.  In that documentation it says one should use a button
>labeled "Insert Pattern Wrapper" to make the button a looks like:
>
>Symbolize[i sub(n_?UnparsedIntegerQ)]
>
>Where is this button?  It's in the Full Notation Palette under "Wrapper
>Boxes".  However, it seems the button doesn't work as advertised.

This was also fixed in the latest version I posted a week or so
ago....  (It was a stupid goof that got out with version 4. I had
accidentally used \[Placeholder] in the palette instead of
\[SelectionPlaceholder]. )

Here was the blurb:

ANNOUNCING: A bug fix version of the Notation Package for unix
systems including linux.

AVAILABLE FROM: http://resources.wolfram.com/packages/notation/

(The particular fix you are interested in was listed under... several
small fixes :) )

Cheers,

    Jason