I can't believe it ...
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg19412] I can't believe it ...
- From: "schatzi" <antoine.zahnd at iprolink.ch>
- Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1999 13:57:21 -0400
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I can't believe it ... The + and * operators are overloaded (UpValues) for some structure (elements of finite field). My NormalQ routine uses the Det (System) on a square matrix of such elements, and EVERYTHING WORKS fine. BUT, as soon as I try to insert NormalQ into a package: BeginPackage["FiniteField`"]; NormalQ::usage= "NormalQ[a_?FFelemQ] calls Det ..."; Begin["`Private`"] NormalQ[a_]:= (* reach this point *) m=Det[m]; (* never there *) End; EndPackage; The computation of Det gets endless ... ( Of course there is no shadowing of Det ... ) Could somebody explain me what is wrong ? Antoine Zahnd.