FactorIntegerECM

I tried this function (available in NumberTheory) on a 105-digit composite
(according to PrimeQ) and it eventually returned the same number. May I
assume that it simply failed to find a factor? Or should I try
ProvablePrimeQ on the number?

Assuming it simply failed to find a factor, what options to
FactorIntegerECM might I set in order to better my chances for finding (on
a re-run) a factor for this size of a composite?