- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg19428] FactorIntegerECM
- From: Hans Havermann <haver at total.net>
- Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1999 13:57:30 -0400
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I tried this function (available in NumberTheory) on a 105-digit composite (according to PrimeQ) and it eventually returned the same number. May I assume that it simply failed to find a factor? Or should I try ProvablePrimeQ on the number? Assuming it simply failed to find a factor, what options to FactorIntegerECM might I set in order to better my chances for finding (on a re-run) a factor for this size of a composite?