getting rid of TraditionalForm

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg19451] getting rid of TraditionalForm
  • From: Henrik Weimer <henrik at rice.edu>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 01:25:18 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello!

A while back I changed the default cell type for inline expressions to
TraditionalForm. Now, I regret that choice and would like to convert all
inline expressions in a lot of text that I typed in the meantime to
StandardForm.

I figured that I can do this automatically - most of the time.

In mathematica I use the following:

n = << "notebook.nb"
nn = n/.{FormBox[a_,TraditionalForm]->a}
nn >> "convertedNotebook.nb"

The problem is that this only works on some but not all notebook. In
particular, for some of the notebooks this seems to screw up the file
syntax and the front end gets stuck reading the converted notebook.

Does anybody out there know a reliable and simple way to get rid of the
TraditionalForm stuff for all inline expression cells in a notebook?
Alternatively, how can the hack above be fixed so it works?

Thanks,

   Henrik Weimer