Re: Simple question about packages
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg19497] Re: Simple question about packages
- From: paulh at wolfram.com (P.J. Hinton)
- Date: Sat, 28 Aug 1999 15:53:18 -0400
- Organization: "Wolfram Research, Inc."
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
In article <7q21bo$qa8 at smc.vnet.net>, rotud at aol.com (ROTUD) writes: >Why is it that all the documentation shows that loading a package is done by >typing: > ><< Directory'PackageName' > >That doesn't work for me, it says Cannot Load Directory'PackageName'. I have to >type > ><< Directory\PackageName.m > >Does everyone use this method of loading packages or is it just me? I am >running on a Windows 98 machine by the way. Any explanation would be greatly >appreciated. It's just you and just about every other beginning Mathematica user who has mistaken the apostrophe (') for the backquote (`) character. :-) Try rewriting your first example above this way: << Directory`PackageName` On most PC keyboards, the backquote is entered by pressing the key immediately to the left of the "1" key. -- P.J. Hinton Mathematica Programming Group paulh at wolfram.com Wolfram Research, Inc. Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are those of the author alone.