Re: Simple question about packages

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg19497] Re: Simple question about packages
  • From: paulh at (P.J. Hinton)
  • Date: Sat, 28 Aug 1999 15:53:18 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

In article <7q21bo$qa8 at>, rotud at (ROTUD) writes:

>Why is it that all the documentation shows that loading a package is done by
><< Directory'PackageName'
>That doesn't work for me, it says Cannot Load Directory'PackageName'. I have to
><< Directory\PackageName.m
>Does everyone use this method of loading packages or is it just me? I am
>running on a Windows 98 machine by the way. Any explanation would be greatly

It's just you and just about every other beginning Mathematica
user who has mistaken the apostrophe (') for the backquote (`)
character. :-)  Try rewriting your first example above this way:

	<< Directory`PackageName`

On most PC keyboards, the backquote is entered by pressing the key
immediately to the left of the "1" key.

P.J. Hinton
Mathematica Programming Group           paulh at
Wolfram Research, Inc.