How to use sign for symbolic operations?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg19513] How to use sign for symbolic operations?
- From: LD <doellinger at t-online.de>
- Date: Sat, 28 Aug 1999 15:53:28 -0400
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I use Mathematica 3.0. My question is how to solve the following
I define a < 0 and b < 0 (to intend that the sign is negative in both
cases). Now I like to
know the sign of the produkt of a*b, it should be positive by the hand.
But how can I express it
within mathematica 3.0? In general: how can I get the sign of an
expression in symbolic form?
In 1: Sign[a*b] ?
Out 1: > 0 or positive.
Many thanks for your help.
EMail: doellinger at t-online.de
Prev by Date:
Next by Date:
Re: unevaluatedsdi integral
Previous by thread:
Next by thread:
Re: How to use sign for symbolic operations?