- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg19534] Re: $MachineEpsilon
- From: Harald Giese <giese at dkrz.de>
- Date: Tue, 31 Aug 1999 00:52:24 -0400
- Organization: Institut fuer Meereskunde, Universitaet Hamburg
- References: <email@example.com>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Drago Ganic wrote:
> 1. + $MachineEpsilon == 1.
> False. I get True ?!!
Equal[a,b] ("a==b") allows small differences between a and b. (See the
online help: "... Approximate numbers are considered equal if they
differ in at most their last eight binary digits (roughly their last two
decimal digits). ...")
However, you may use SameQ instead ("===").
Email: giese at dkrz.de
> NEUE TELEFON-NUMMER | NEW PHONE-NUMBER <
Phone: +49 (0)40 42838 5796; Fax: +49 (0)40 5605724
Institut fuer Meereskunde der Universitaet Hamburg
(Institute of Oceanography of the University of Hamburg)
Troplowitzstrasse 7, D-22529 Hamburg
Prev by Date:
RE: Automatic Display in MatrixForm
Next by Date:
Re: Help with Multiple Integrals
Previous by thread:
Next by thread:
How to use sign for symbolic operations?