Re: Re: Re: circumference of an ellipse

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg19501] Re: [mg19447] Re: [mg19390] Re: circumference of an ellipse
  • From: Mecit Yaman <mecit at iname.com>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Aug 1999 15:53:21 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi there,

I am trying to solve a problem with Mathematica. You have numbers from 1 to n all
numbers twice , namely.

1 1 2 2 3 3 4 4 5 5   for example for n=5

I am trying to sort the numbers o that between two 'n's there must be exactly n
numbers.

For example if n=3 the solution is
2 3 1 2 1 3  .  You see there is 1 number between 1 and 1. and 2 numbers between 2
and 2, and 3 between 3's.

I know this forum is not for asking problems. But i am learning MAthematica and
wanna see how professinals solve a real problem with Mathematica

Thank you very much for giving me a chance to ask my question.
Best wishes to everyone.