Manipulation of equations and inequalities in "high-school style"
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg19516] Manipulation of equations and inequalities in "high-school style"
- From: silvano at iprolink.ch (Silvano D'Orazio)
- Date: Sat, 28 Aug 1999 15:53:29 -0400
- Organization: Newsfeeds.com http://www.newsfeeds.com 60,000+ UNCENSORED Newsgroups.
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Does anybody know a Mathematica (3 or 4) package which allows
manipulaton of equations and inequalities like high-school students
are supposed to do?
2x+a = x-b subtract a
2x = x-b-a divide by 2, subtract x
x = -b-a
(2^x-1)^(1/2) = 5b log both sides
(1/2)(x-1)log2 = log5 + logb multiply by 2, divide by log2
2(log5 + logb) add 1
x-1 = --------------
and so on.
I think I saw such a notebook or package some years ago, but I am not
able to find it any more.
I think I am not the only teacher who would find this very useful.
Thanks for all hints.
-----------== Posted via Newsfeeds.Com, Uncensored Usenet News ==----------
http://www.newsfeeds.com The Largest Usenet Servers in the World!
------== Over 73,000 Newsgroups - Including Dedicated Binaries Servers ==-----
Prev by Date:
Re: Finding Solution to Set of Equations with Inequality Constraints
Next by Date:
Re: Automatic Display in MatrixForm
Previous by thread:
Re: Freeing memory in Mathematica
Next by thread:
Re: Manipulation of equations and inequalities in "high-school style"