Word and Mathematica

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg19525] Word and Mathematica
  • From: "Tom De Vries" <tdevries at>
  • Date: Sun, 29 Aug 1999 17:21:23 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

I have been creating files in Microsoft Word that have hyperlinks to
various files, many of them files that are NOT Word files.  Word opens
them nicely except for my Mathematica files.  Since the Mathematica
files are text files, Word, for some reason, opens them with a simple
text editing program (SimpleText on my Mac)

This is not a Mathematica problem as such, but I was wondering if anyone had
experienced this and knew of a way to tell Word to open Mathematica files as Mathematica

In Adobe Acrobat and Word, it is possible to hyperlink to files created by
various applications, does Version 4 of Mathematica allow for this?

Thank-you for any help you might provide!

Tom De Vries