Asking you how to...

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg19538] Asking you how to...
  • From: Huberto Closs <huberto at>
  • Date: Tue, 31 Aug 1999 00:52:26 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

Dear Sir,

I am having a hard time to find out how to use Mathematica to plot
experimental Physics results which consist of a set of lines with
three measured numbers each, respectively corresponding to

     DataX  DataY  DataZ[DataX,DataY]

that is, where DataZ is a measured quantity whose two-dimensional
dependence on variables DataX and DataY should be graphically
displayed through three-dimensional and contour plots of DataZ as a
function of DataX and DataY. Please note, however, that DataX and
DataY are not evenly spaced, so that I cannot just take DataZ as an
array and use ReadList and ListPlot3D or ListContourPlot to draw
graphics showing DataZ dependence on DataX and DataY.

I am using Mathematica Version 2.2. Please, tell me how to do it.

Sincerely yours,

Huberto Closs