Surfacecoloring of a sphere

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg15747] Surfacecoloring of a sphere
  • From: Florian Stock <stock at badbit.math2.nat.tu-bs.de>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Feb 1999 03:42:42 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello,

for visualization of an Satellite, i want to color the surface of a
sphere (for the colors I have a function color[long,att] with long and
att in a  range from 0 to 2 Pi).
How can i coloring the sphere?
I've tried with SphericalPlot3D and the ColorFunction option, with
ParametricPlot3D, but I didn't found a way to color it.

Greetings

Florian

--
"Alles was von Bedeutung ist, ist in Mathematik gegruendet.",
 Robert A. Heinlein`s "Sternenkrieger"