Real coefficients in complex numbers

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg15734] Real coefficients in complex numbers
  • From: Gnalle <GNALLE at MMF.ruc.dk>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Feb 1999 03:42:28 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

If you are calculations with complex numbers: a + I b How do you state
that a and b are real? For example I might want to calculate the real
part of

a + 1/(b + 1/(1/I c + d)) ; Where a,b,c,d are real

Can this be done in a nice way. (Yes, I do know how to do the
calculation by hand)

--

			Niels Langager Ellegaard
			'http://mmf.ruc.dk/~gnalle/'