Real coefficients in complex numbers
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg15734] Real coefficients in complex numbers
- From: Gnalle <GNALLE at MMF.ruc.dk>
- Date: Fri, 5 Feb 1999 03:42:28 -0500 (EST)
- Organization: Roskilde Universitetscenter
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
If you are calculations with complex numbers: a + I b How do you state that a and b are real? For example I might want to calculate the real part of a + 1/(b + 1/(1/I c + d)) ; Where a,b,c,d are real Can this be done in a nice way. (Yes, I do know how to do the calculation by hand) -- Niels Langager Ellegaard 'http://mmf.ruc.dk/~gnalle/'