Re: Surfacecoloring of a sphere

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg15759] Re: [mg15747] Surfacecoloring of a sphere
  • From: "Kevin J. McCann" <kevinmccann at>
  • Date: Sun, 7 Feb 1999 02:03:43 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

Here is a way to do it.

(* Define a color generator *)

(* Now a function to display a colored sphere *)

(*Finally, do it *)

A couple of things to notice: Sphere just generates a list of polygons;
similarly, rgbColors generates a list of colors.  By interleaving them
with the Transpose operation, you now can display each polygon with a
different color.

Lighting->False is necessary to turn off the default lighting which will
obscure your own colors.