Re: Surfacecoloring of a sphere

Florian Stock wrote:

> Hello,
>
> for visualization of an Satellite, i want to color the surface of a
> sphere (for the colors I have a function color[long,att] with long and
> att in a  range from 0 to 2 Pi).
> How can i coloring the sphere?
> I've tried with SphericalPlot3D and the ColorFunction option, with
> ParametricPlot3D, but I didn't found a way to color it.
>
> Greetings
>
> Florian
>
> --
> "Alles was von Bedeutung ist, ist in Mathematik gegruendet.",
>  Robert A. Heinlein`s "Sternenkrieger"

I guess either long or att goes from 0 to Pi only.

With SphericalPlot3D you can choose a color (or more general any list of
graphics directives) this way:

<<Graphics`ParametricPlot3D`

SphericalPlot3D[{1,color[long,att]},{att,0,Pi},{long,0,2Pi},Lighting->False]

With ParametricPlot3D it was:

ParametricPlot3D[{Sin[att]Sin[long],Sin[att]Cos[long],Cos[att],color[long,att]},
{att,0,Pi},{long,0,2Pi},Lighting->False]

Hope that helps

Martin Kraus