Beep Only, if Timing Greater Than 10 Seconds

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg15844] Beep Only, if Timing Greater Than 10 Seconds
  • From: hanssen at zeiss.de
  • Date: Fri, 12 Feb 1999 18:40:04 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi, MathGroup,

from a posting in this group, I learned about

Format / OptionInspector / global / EvaluationCompletionAction

and the possibility to activate Beep there. I found out, that in
addition to  the Menu shown, one can not only select Beep, ShowTiming
or AddTimeStamp exclusively, one may also activate more than one of
them e.g. by typing  {"Beep", "ShoeTiming"} into the field after
------> . Note: each keyword has to be enclosed in quotationmarks, the
whole thing must be a list (i.e. curley  braces required).

I often have to carry out lengthy computations and would like the beep
then, but I dislike my computer behaving like a pinball machine and
producing noise all the time. I would like to have the automatic beep
after Mathematica is ready with a cell only, if the timing to be shown
is e.g. larger than 10 seconds. Thus in general, I would be bothered
only by the noise of my keyboard  and occasional beeps after an error,
but not after every glimpse-of-an- eye-computation.

Any idea, how to achieve this?

Regards

Dipl.-Math.  Adalbert Hanszen

Abteilung/Department: