- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg15921] MyPrependTo
- From: wself at viking.emcmt.edu (Will Self)
- Date: Wed, 17 Feb 1999 23:33:55 -0500
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
In trying to create my own version of PrependTo, I ran into some strange
stuff that I don't understand. I am calling my function "push". Please
look at the session below and explain these mysterious happenings.
It seems clear that there is more than one symbol e kicking around,
but I can't make head or tail of it. See also my next message for
the larger context.
push[someStack_, elt_] := (someStack = Prepend[someStack, elt];)
stack[2,1,"expression"] (* WHAT!!!!???? *)
e = stack["expression"] (* DOUBLE WHAT!!!!???? *)
Prev by Date:
Re: Re: Bug?
Next by Date:
log log plot
Previous by thread:
Next by thread: