log log plot

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg15912] log log plot
  • From: "James L. Fisher" <jlfisher at>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Feb 1999 23:33:50 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

I want to plot some points on log log paper. These points should be in a
straight line or nearly so. By adjusting the starting point of the
loglog paper I can strighten out the line. By this I mean that if I
start the first (bottom) cycle with 1 it may not be a straight line, but
if I start the first cycle with say 3 I can straighten the line out. I
have done this by hand.  I know about LogLogPlot, but is there a way to
change the baseline or offset or starting point? Maybe using something
else other than LogLogPlot would work better? How would any of you
suggest doing this in Mathematica.