Re: Notebook -> Kernel

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg15927] Re: Notebook -> Kernel
  • From: Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Feb 1999 23:33:58 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello Andre,

no solution.

The notebook contains no Mathematica commands it contains the markup
for the document ! So the input

x={1,2,3}

is in Cell[] like

Cell[
RowBox[{"x","=","{","1","2","3","}"}]
,"Input"]

You may read the Notebook with

nb= <<test.nb

and use nb /. Cell[expr_,"Input",___] :> ToExpression[expr] to evaluate
the contents
of the input cells but result will not be a evaluated notebook !

The usual way is to write a plain text file with the
Mathematica commands and write a log file os the session. Several
log-file packages are on MathSource and Roman M"ader has two (one for
automatic Notebook creation) in the third edition of "Programming in
Mathematica".

Hope that helps

Jens