Early out with Map?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg16036] Early out with Map?
- From: "Oscar Stiffelman" <ostiffel at leland.stanford.edu>
- Date: Sat, 20 Feb 1999 02:52:15 -0500
- Organization: SBC Internet Services
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Is it possible to interrupt Map before it reaches then end of the list?
For example, how would I convert the following from procedural to
(* This is the procedural version *)
foundSolution = False;
For[i =1, i <= numChildren && ! foundSolution, i++,
foundSolution = True;
* This keeps going until it reaches the end of the list.
* I would prefer to return as soon as testChild returns True
Or @@ Map[testChild, children]
* This does not actually return
Map[If[testChild[#], Return[True], False]&, children]
Prev by Date:
Re: Strange result of Limit function in Mathematica3.0
Next by Date:
Graphics over mathlink.
Previous by thread:
fonts and mathematica/publicon
Next by thread:
Re: Early out with Map?